Working with East Sussex County Council
About East Sussex
- A ‘Best Council to do Business With’ (Department for Communities and Local Government, May 2013)
Working with you
We want to ensure our procurement process is fair, open and transparent to all our suppliers, from the smallest, local independent traders to the largest international organisations.
Reducing the cost of doing business with us
By registering on this portal you will get access to all our tender opportunities and quotation requests. The portal is easy to use, efficient and secure, and saves you time and administration costs.
We continually review all our processes to ensure they are efficient, and we welcome your feedback as part of the tender process.
Providing better access to opportunities
We aim to channel 55% (by 2015) of our spend on goods and services through the local economy by opening our opportunities to the most diverse range of suppliers we can.
There are a number of ways you can find out what is available, although we suggest you save the link to this portal as one of your ‘Favourites’.
We also have a dedicated portal for property, construction and the built environment opportunities called Buildeastsussex If this is your business area you need to be registered on Buildeastsussex to get involved in bidding for work from buyers across East Sussex and being part of the network.
We tweet all our opportunities as well, so follow us on Twitter @escceconomy
Improving our communication
We often run specific market events relating to upcoming tenders; these are great for keeping you informed as well giving you an opportunity to give your views and shape the tender.
All events are advertised on this portal, our website and Twitter @escceconomy
Working for the community
There are a number of ways we support local businesses. We have committed to making it easier for local companies and enterprises to do business with us by signing-up to the Voluntary Sector Compact (2005) and the Government's SME Concordat (2006).
We are working with Sussex Enterprise and councils across Sussex to offer:
- a standard pre-qualification questionnaire for tenders not subject to European advertisement, to be used by all Sussex councils
- the same information on all council web sites about how to do business with each council
- all business opportunities will be advertised on all Sussex council websites
- links between council websites and the Sussex Enterprise website to give you easy access to procurement information
- consideration of community benefit and corporate social responsibility as a tender evaluation criteria, and
training events for you to find out more about this support.
Councils across Sussex are sharing business opportunities, especially in non-critical, hard to value areas of spending where local sourcing may be the best procurement option.
So, why not register on the SE Shared Services Tenders Portal and be part of our network.